Wednesday, January 19, 2011

You've Got an Arrow in Your Butt and Other Unexpected Life Events

If you have not seen the great American classic film, Shrek, then you simply will not think that title is funny, but me, I love that title. I have also seen that particular movie more than I would like admit. 


Incidentally, I always wanted to use the word "butt" in a title, and now I have. That makes me truly happy. It is the little things...are my standards too low? Nah!


So, life shoots an arrow in your butt. What now? My plans are well-laid, ducks in a row, eggs in the basket, yadda yadda yadda. Why do these things happen? And why does it surprise me when they do? Does this mean I should simply stop planning and let life fly me by the seat of my pants wherever the wind takes me? (Why, yes, yes, I am trying to fit every tired old cliché I can possibly think of into one post. You caught me. Red -handed...haHAH, score!) 


I do not think this is the answer. 


Most of the disturbance associated with these plan changing life events (such as butt arrows...i'm just sayin'...), is entirely MENTAL. Yes. Yeeessss. YES! TOTALLY. MEEENNNTTTAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL (gasps for air)...LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. (not really gasping. I run long distance people, I have way better lung capacity than that, but it looked funny, so I went with it. I amuse myself. Greatly)


I digress. 


I am sure somebody SOMEWHERE said that 99% of everything is attitude. I just don't know who, and yes, that is yet another cliché. But one full of truth. As much as I would like to whine and point at all the things that have to change and all the work that has to be done because of said life events, the biggest and realest (I know, but it helped with continuity) problem is how I respond, both internally and externally. *sigh* So not what I want to hear when my party is pooped, my feathers are ruffled and my butt done got an arrow stickin' ouuta it. 


And, as much as I want to yank out those arrows and get back to my plan, I look back on my life...and know that many of the best things that have happened are the direct or indirect result of a butt arrow. What wonderful things, people, experiences, and knowledge I may have missed out on if I had not experienced the pain of the arrow. 


So, the next time life throws you a curveball or a big ol' bunch of lemons, I hope you think of me and my butt arrow blogging. (all these clichés may be crossing the line...I did it AGAIN.)


To those of you who don't have any clue what I am talking about or what all these parenthetical rants raves sidebars are all about, don't worry, it is not important. I am just weird. To those of you who do (and I have a feeling I know who that is), well, as you know, I am weird. Sooooooo, I guess the point to those who get me and those who don't was one and the same. Redundancy is my middle name (TOO MUCH, I tell 'ya).

2 comments:

  1. I know that this might be a little too late, but I just received a cable - from the Department of Redundanct Department. They were pretty sure that your information was indeed from you own personal information. Keep it up. Good info. Keep it up. Good info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See...the great thing about a blog is...I can write pretty much whatever I want and have the satisfaction of releasing those words into the cloud - thereby fulfilling my need to communicate and express myself, yet nobody is forced to read it. The lack of readers does not shatter my illusion that I have been heard. 'Tis a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete